WELCOME TO SAI SPIRITUAL EDUCATION
- Location & SSE Timings
- Why Sai Spiritual Education?
- Objective of Sai Spiritual Education
- What will Children learn?
- Swami on Human Values
- Universal Prayer
- Thought for the Week
- SSE Theme and Goals
- SSE Calendar
- Craft Activities
- Your Reflections
- SSE Service Activities
- SSE Resources
- SSE Members Page
Welcome to the new SSE Year 2021-22!
River Forest Community Center, 8020 Madison Street, River Forest IL 60305
*In-person classes/center are suspended until further notice. ALL SSE activities are conducted online.*
- 09:15 AM – 09:30 AM: Instrumental Bhajans – Online Sessions
- 09:30 AM – 10:45 AM: SSE classes – Online Sessions
- 10:45 AM – 11:15 AM: Experience Sharing in Main Session – Online Sessions
- 11:15 AM – 12:00 PM: Devotional Singing – Online Sessions
Why Sai Spiritual Education?
To facilitate the understanding in the children, that when they live in accordance with the 5 human values, in every thought, word and deed, they will live a truly meaningful life.
Sai Spiritual Education (SSE) classes are provided at the Center for children from ages 6 to 17.
Objective of Sai Spiritual Education
“To instill in the minds of the young the values of prayer, humility, and loving service to others, the homes have to be the first schools. The parents have to be imbued with faith in the basic universal truth of all religions.
They must be seen worshiping at the family altar, meditating in silence, forgiving faults in others, and showing sympathy for pain and grief.
Children should not see them worried, helpless, discontent, or distressed, as if they have no God to lean upon, no inner resource of strength and courage to fall back on.”
–SS 5:335; Meeting of Headmasters, 3-4-67
What will the Children learn?
- About the life & teachings of ‘Sri Sathya Sai Baba’
- To render selfless service to others
- To appreciate the unity of the different faiths
- To practice placing a ceiling on their desires
- To respect parents/elders
- Proper discharge of duties at home/school
- To Be loyal and take pride in their country
- To Develop a good character
Swami on Human Values
SSE Thought for the Quarter
“If you expect others to respect and love you, you should first love and respect them.”– Sathya Sai Speaks, Volume 33 – Chapter 21
SSE Theme: “Our All Accepting Avatar”
Quarter 1: Respect (Sept. – Nov.)
Quarter 2: Acceptance (Dec. – Feb.)
Quarter 3: Gratitude (Mar. – May)
*2021-22 SSE Registration is ongoing, please contact the E.C.*
“One with Gayathri” Workshop craft activity by Jan Di Girolamo
Region 5 SSE Magazine: Sai Blossoms
Students, Parents, and Gurus can ALL share their experiences, thoughts, prayers, artwork, and many more for the Sai Community. Take a look at the latest issue to get inspiration! Link button is below.
Quarter 3 Submission Due Date: September 24th , 2021
Topic: “Love and Respect the Sai in our hearts.”
Please email Sis. Sailaja with your entries (firstname.lastname@example.org).
SSE Service Activities
- Berkeley Nursing Home – suspended until further notice
- Christmas Carols at Symphony Nursing home – suspended until further notice
- FMSC to commemorate Birthday and Aaradhana Mahotsavam – suspended until further notice
- Christmas toy drive for Port Ministries – completed for 2020
- Canned food drive for local food pantry – order online by January 01, 2021 – please look for an email for December 13, 2020 for details